Spring Girls 14/11U Players & Parents -
So it starts! I appreciate everyone that has signed their athlete up for spring lacrosse. This spring will not be without some hiccups, scheduling modifications, and roadblocks. I know that we are going to have some major successes!
Please help me keep the pulse of our athletes and your families by communicating as much as you can throughout the season....it's important!
- Spring Practices start THIS MONDAY @ 530pm until 7pm
- Girls 14U and 11U will practice at the same time
- We will primarily practice on the northwest field of Naranja Park
- We will set up on the south side of the field (same as fall ball)
- Our swag store closes THIS MONDAY @ midnight (link below)
- There is a "shooter shirt" available for customizing with name and number
- We will hand out uniforms for the spring (new number probably) on MONDAY
- Please consider getting your athlete the shooter shirt, once she confirms her number - fun for the team
- Game schedule is TBD (think it may start around 1 March through end of April)
- The league meeting to determine this will be soon, we just want to get it right
Coach Erin & Gracie will lead out 14/11U this season. While they are committed to being our coaches and we have some HS players ready to assistant coach, we still would like some parents to rely on when our college coaches may be tied up with college activities.
Please consider helping out with assistant coach duties. It all starts this Monday. Simply helping setup practices, and shagging balls is the start of a great experience for you to learn a little more about lacrosse.
Link to our swag store
Picture of the shooter shirt to consider ordering (after they get their jersey on Monday)
Coach Doug's words on how to stay on top of team communications
Really can't have too much communication....email, call, text....when it comes to this season. Some things I will promise to keep up to date:
- The website (and it's associated smartphone app, SIPlay - login with same credentials as website) should be the first stop to catch up on things. In there, game and practice schedules will be updated. Almost every email you get will be archived in "Team News"
- Our social media is usually the first place to announce team practice or game cancellations. @orovalleylax on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (we should follow up with text, email to individually affected teams). Please do not use the town of OV social media as your only source. They sometimes will cancel things and then "uncancel" them
- There is a way to subscribe to a calendar feed for your native calendar program. If you would like, please see me...super easy to keep another source for you to know
- Usually, we start with the athlete to get team info out and then we follow up on email, website, etc. Please engage your daughter to know what's going on
Thanks again for trusting your athlete to have a great time being on a team sport and playing lacrosse
VP, Girls Operations